Kate McGuinness is a crazy klutz who lives with her character of a husband, who is always pulling her leg, and two fearless children, who strive to crack her sanity each day. She has always lived in the same town, but dreams of picking up and starting a new adventure somewhere different. While she waits for the pieces to fall into place, she lets her mind take her to places with her characters by her side. At the moment she has too many of them fighting to be heard, and cannot wait to begin each new journey of exploration. Some are tame while others have her worried she will be stepping into a world she never dreamed of entering. As always she is grateful and forever in your debt for your love and support during this exciting time in her life.
20 Fun Facts:
1) My favorite fruit is strawberries, but I can’t stand strawberry flavored candy; I prefer cherry flavored candy.
2) I have my own personal chauffeur, my husband. He literally drives everywhere, and I go so long between driving that I forget how to sometimes.
3) I am a dog person through and through. No cats allowed in my house.
4) Music is my escape from the crazy world around me. No matter how I feel, music always makes life better.
5) Though I love music, I do not listen to it while writing. I write my best late at night when my husband and kids are asleep, leaving me in complete and utter silence. That’s when the magic begins.
6) I live across the street from the beach, but I literally cannot stand it. I am not one to go and relax or play in the sand in the spring or summer. No, I much more prefer a lovely seaside village, surrounded by peaceful serenity.
7) My all time favorite car is Eleanor from Gone In Sixty Seconds.
8) My celebrity crush is Colin O’Donoghue, and he will be in one of my future stand alone novels.
9) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lucille Ball!
10) I am a major daddy’s girl, but not to the extent that I still say daddy.
11) I love to cook, but cannot stand cleaning up. And I am a MESSY cook.
12) I love restoration and repurposed materials. My husband and I do all kinds of projects together when spring and summer arrive.
13) I am a stay at home mom and love it.
14) I am nervous and excited and feel like I want to jump out of my skin from this whole journey to releasing my debut.
15) I will watch pretty much any movie you put in front of me, other than horror. Hubby will attest to that, since last time he took me to see one I kept him up all night with me. I barely slept for a month and still freak out when the title is mentioned.
16) I have a huge sweet tooth, and no will power against dessert.
17) When in a rocker or swing, I cannot stand when someone interrupts my rhythm. I have to control the speed or I kick them off completely.
18) When I was younger, if my food touched at all I refused to eat it. I would eat one section at a time, no blending. I am better now, but some foods still cannot touch.
19) I love all colors and have a hard time picking one favorite. Any given day my preference can change, and the tone of the color can change everything instantly.
20) I still can’t believe I am writing. To think that others will read my thoughts feels surreal, but utterly unbelievable.